a hopeless romantic

10.25.2014


adjective: of, characterized by, or suggestive of an idealized view of reality

(So no, the title does not suggesting that I'll be whining about not having a boyfriend. Just to clear things up.)

The word itself is reminiscent of fairy-like skirts, warm smiles, and the music of Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet.

I'm quite a hopeless romantic. For instance, I'll open a vintage journal and press my face to its thin pages, inhaling the antique goodness. Then I'll spend at least half an hour planning the format that I'm going to write in: the titles will be in big, loopy cursive letters and the dates in bold uppercase letters....

...and the tidy journal entries always become incredibly sloppy in just a few days.


Chiffon skirts are just divine; the little folds of billowy fabric simply irresistible. I'd never pass up an evening in front of cascading, brightly-lit fountains. Light is simply captivating-- but so is dark.

Romantic ballet music is the best. So is all other types of classical music-- but especially ballet. Here, see for yourself: this is just bliss.

And that's the softer side of me.

6 comments :

  1. That romantic ballet piece is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing~

    Vanshi || Upwardss

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are so alike! Truly love this little blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this, I'm very much the same!

    x leah symonne x

    www.itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤