Blogging Resolutions

10.08.2014

  1. Don't think, post. Recently, I've been spending a lot more time than I should editing, scrutinizing, and thinking about each blog post before I publish them. I have always blamed this on my severe perfectionism, but it's really starting to get in the way of my writing and my blog. I'm going to promise myself to write, read over once, and hit that orange "Publish" button.
  2. Stop obsessing over the theme. As I talked ranted about in a previous post, I want my blog to be simple and to focus on the content. I've changed how it looks almost every day for the past month or two, and I have to stop: or I'll go nowhere.
  3. Make sure not to blog for others. Over the past few weeks, I've received a lot of feedback on my blog: some good, and some not so good. I've often tried to tweak my content and theme to please other people--but then I can't please myself.
  4. Don't worry about comments, followers, and pageviews. This is easily the hardest resolution out all of these: I love to see the "1 comment awaiting moderation" link show up on my dashboard, and become excited whenever I gain a new follower. But we all have to learn to blog, be patient, and wait.
Have you struggled with any of these things? I'd love to hear any of your own resolutions!

4 comments :

  1. This is so true! xoxo

    Vanshi || chaiovercoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning a post about resolutions on my blog pretty soon too. I tend to ramble waaay more than I should, so I don't actually get that much good content out. =/ I'm going to try to work on that. And comments/followers mean the world to me, so sometimes it's hard for me as well to accept that sometimes I'll have posts that no one comments on. But we can always improve, we will never be perfect. It is good to set goals though. =) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's always a good idea to set goals for yourself, then at least try to reach them.

      Delete

go on, make my day. ❤