the only thing we have to fear is fear itself

10.10.2014

Let's have a chat.

Fear is an uncontrollable, disobedient thing. It comes when we expect it least and manifests itself into our lives: hindering us, holding us back, annoying us, and embarrassing us. 

That's where my fear comes in. I don't have a good way of saying this, but I'm scared of toilets. I absolutely hate toilets that are "out of the ordinary" in any way: motion sensor flushes are uncomfortable, wooden seats are scary, and black or gray toilets are simply terrifying.

Go on, laugh.


It's quite stupid, really, but my fear has grown to a point where it's really debilitating. I'm actually scared to merely look inside a closed stall, for there's always the 0.1% probability that it'll be gray, or at the least, have a black seat.


this photo is enough to make me cringe.
:: image from hazel head design
you only come across images like this when you're scared of toilets.
this is very interesting.
I've put off talking about this on my blog for a while-- it makes me look like a crazy person, makes people laugh at me.

That doesn't bother me anymore: I am what I am. I am my fears, successes, joys, toils, and failures, put together into one package. It may sound conceited-- but I love myself.

Also, I've learned to laugh at my own fears.

10 comments :

  1. Haha we all have our own fears to deal with. I used to be scared of the noise coming from flushing toilets... How embarrassing!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sure are great images of toilets haha. Anyway, I'm glad you laugh at your fears. To be honest, I'm scared of toilets too. I'm always paranoid that little monsters are gonna come out after the flushing noise stops, and they'll attack the nearest person. Not even kidding. It happened in one of my weird nightmares once and the thought is always still there...

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the photos are very interesting-- I didn't know toilets like that even existed! Haha, I'm glad to know that I'm not completely alone :)

      Delete
  3. Haha, I guess we are all fighting our own battles. Personally I'm kind of scared of darkly coloured sheets for beds. I guess it's not a "fear" but it just makes me really uncomfortable sleeping on a sheet that isn't a lighter colour. haha, we're all mad here. :)

    x leah symonne x

    www.itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I know people who are scared of turning on showers... we all have our ridiculous fears to overcome :)

      Delete
  4. Nice insight -- made me think deeply! LOVE THE BLOG :)

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤