the perks of being an orthodontist

10.27.2014

Ouch. Sorry, orthodontists everywhere!!
  1. You're free to inflict pain upon others-- lawfully and absolutely guilt-free. You're helping, after all. This job is perfect for sadists.
  2. Close-up views of teenager's oily, pimply, greasy skin. Not too pretty.
  3. Getting a lot of money-- and yes, I mean a LOT-- to hammer at poor, innocent children's teeth.
  4. That pleading LOOK. 
  5. "Repair self-esteem." Haha, good one.
  6. Telling kids "you're not brushing good," and chastising them like crazy. Once again, guilt-free. Don't we all wish we could do this? 
  7. Handling sharp, heavy, and dangerous tools. Key word here: GUILT-FREE.
Sorry if this isn't perfectly true-- I'm grateful and all to be straightening my teeth, but orthodontists annoy me a lot. (In fact, I have cleverly dubbed them "torturedontists." Very fitting.)

Anybody else out there with a "smile under construction?" What do you think?

10 comments :

  1. Ah, I had my braces removed when I was 14 (I'm 17 now) it was worth it, but I feel your pain! Hope all is well!
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bit a finger of one orthodontist when I was a kid..he had to get stitches :P :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, so true!! Love the gif by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha... the gif took quite a while to find.

      Delete
  4. This is really funny! Brought a good laugh to my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO TRUE. Another thing I'd add is "never has to work." My orthodonist doesn't work a single day during the weekend and usually closes his office for an excessive amount of days for a day long holiday. They take a week off for the fourth of July for crying out loud. Also the office is only opened from 9-4:30 Monday through Friday, I mean what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm super late getting back to this comment, but I agree completely! I'm so glad you agree! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

go on, make my day. ❤