words that flourish

10.13.2014

thank you, pinterest.
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.
In this case, I am the beholder.

--

my favorite words in the english language,
in no particular order:

verity
syzygy
torrential
lilting
cellar
pilar
gradient
soliloquy
effervescent
cheshire 
manzanita
elixir
cornucopia
evergreen
placid
indigo
lithe
umbrella
bungalow
epiphany
aesthetic
demure
woo
sumptuous
carousel
pineapple
plethora
dusk
corollary
glorious
crinkle
imbue
mocktail
felicity
lagoon
canola
peninsula
mellifluous
honeyed
innure
velvet
cerulean

how magnificent.
few things hold such joy as words do.

14 comments :

  1. A 'ucalegon' is your neighbor when his house is on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this post... these words 'lilting, epiphany, aesthetic, demure, woo, placid' -- ahh, so SO beautiful! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Acacia xx
    blog / acacia rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Most of these words are my favorite too. :) I just found your blog and I love it. :)

    ~My blog~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  4. These words are truly beautiful~

    Check out my post
    inspired by you <3

    Vanshi || Upwardss

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word elixir, too! Just sounds so majestic and cool

    Cathy // HELLO, CATHY

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the best. ♥♥♥ Nerdy that I am, I LOVE words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love words too, they're just beautiful!

      Delete

go on, make my day. ❤