dear fellow bloggers

11.16.2014


Let's talk a bit about blogging, shall we?

Recently, I've been thinking about the implementation of some sort of a "posting schedule." If I do slow down my posting, everything I write will be on my blog's homepage for much longer, consequently soaking up far more comments and hits. Problem is: I get inspired way too easily, and I'll probably end up with at least fifty drafts queued up by the end of the month if I limit myself to one post a week.

It's a real dilemma, and my extreme indecisiveness really doesn't help.

And here's point two, wholly unrelated but important just the same: spam comments. I've been getting quite a few of these lately, and I have little to no tolerance for people who go "cute post !! ! keep in touch : **" and proceed to give me links for every single social media website that they're on. "follow me and i'll follow !! you!" is kind of the last straw for me. Forgive me, but I am not going to go follow your blog just because you told me to.

Now, my dear readers, here's my question for you. It's something that matters so much in the blogging world, but it's brutally insignificant in our everyday lives--

what do you think?

P.S. I'd like to thank everybody who is following me: I didn't think I'd be up to 47 followers so quickly. It's quite exciting to know that people all around the world do take time out of their day to read what I write.

21 comments :

  1. In my opinion, I think you should post whenever you feel necessary-- felt a wave of inspiration? post it // found an old story? post it. That's just me.

    Vanshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole point of blogging is sharing your thoughts,ideas and dreams out in the world as an individual. It doesn't matter what others think...but what matters is what you think and feel!
    i guess your motto should be- Blog it when you feel it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I completely agree! That motto is awesome :)

      Delete
  3. I for one extremely dislike spam comments. Nothing irritates me more than insignificant comments such as those that seem so meaningless. Alos, the thought of a posting schedule makes me break out in hives. It either confines my creativity or makes me feel like I have to blog. Either way, it's a no go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, you've totally read my mind! I'm going with no posting schedule.

      Delete
  4. I have the same problem, being inspired too easily! I churn out posts as easily and quickly as those who post comeback posts saying "sorry I haven't posted in so long!". I don't know what to do either :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we'll eventually work this out :) I'm trying!

      Delete
  5. You should post absolutely whenever you want. If people love your posts, then they'll want more and immediately go read the previous posts.
    It's actually a plus; to see if people like your posts and want more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's very true! I'm certainly not going to add that posting schedule.

      Delete
  6. Let them roll and come along as fast as inspiration brings pen to paper (finger to keypad these days..). Am a new follower but am enjoying reading your posts so much. And for the times when you don't feel like writing and want time to yourself, we will of course wait till you come back to your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMIGOSH I know exactly what you mean with the spam comments! Ugh they drive me mad. But either way, you've jut gotta suck it up and be polite. As for posts, just post whenever you feel like it. That's more content for people to see, and more posts for followers like me to comment on xx Plus, blogging is more about you than your comments.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely! I'm so glad you agree-- and I've decided that I'm just going to post whenever I feel like it.

      Delete
  8. People always comment on my photos but it just proves they didn't read the post. I have a lot of followers but I hope they like what I have to say, otherwise they're useless to me.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you should totally blog when you feel like it :) I agree with all of the other comments. Your blog is very lovely, and I think you should keep up the amazing work!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't need to have a posting schedule. I like the way you're posting right now. But of course, if it's for the better, then you should. Just post whenever you feel like it.
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you looking for free Twitter Followers?
    Did you know that you can get these AUTOMATICALLY AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤