feel the fog

11.10.2014


feel the fog.

the trees are masked by the thick milky fog,
the vibrant red roses turned to a pastel pink. 

the whole world sits under a blanket of white.

you can see nothing, and hear even less.

you aren't warm--
but you aren't cold.

time has stopped--
and it's speeding up at the same time.

and you start to forget.

you no longer have exams in a week, no more music to practice.

the heavenly umbrella of fog fuels your temporary amnesia.

it's thick and moist and wonderful.

suddenly, a bike bursts into the calm white air.
it stirs the stillness into a state of chaos.

then, a car.

as soon as its headlights go on,
creating a thin, laser-like line of light straight through the fog,
you know it's time for you to leave.

the ivory dress you've been wearing disappears,
relapses back into a figment of your imagination

the glorious feeling is gone now...
but you enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

you're happy again!

--------------

Note: I wrote this post after witnessing an abundantly foggy morning, although it was just from inside my car. We need a mental break once in a while: whether it be standing in the fog, taking a walk, or merely reading a few pages of a good book.

8 comments :

  1. This poem seriously needs to be published. I can't even begin to express how amazing this is. You have a definite future to be a skilled and talented writer. Wow. I am mindblown. If only I could have that kind of writing ability.... AMAZING POEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is beautiful. I agree with Nick, this really needs to be published somewhere!
    I've nominated you for an award! http://thesilverflute.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it!
      I've actually done that award before, but thank you for the nomination!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful and inspiring, i know this feeling! Thx for sharing!
    I would really appreciated, if we could follow each other on BL and GFC!
    xoxo Colli // my little blog - tobeyoutiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I currently don't do "followbacks," but I will check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. This picture is gorgeous...and that poem? Wow!

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤