signs of winter

11.19.2014


We're almost into the last month of the year (i.e. the best month of the year!), and I couldn't be more excited.

Here's how I know that it's almost wintertime:
  1. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt to bed just doesn't cut it anymore.
  2. It gets dark so early-- maybe even a little too early.
  3. My hands are spending a lot of time in big, fluffy pockets.
  4. My dresses have slowly migrated to the back of my closet, having been replaced by sweatshirts, jackets, and footsies.
  5. I no longer have to bother searching for a hair tie every single morning.
  6. My iPod is full of Christmas music. I know it's a bit early, but I just can't help it.
  7. I'll be celebrating my birthday in exactly seventeen days. (In all scientific honesty, my birthday falls on one of the last days of autumn-- which I found out with great pain and distaste. As far as I'm concerned, though, I'll always have a winter birthday.)
  8. I've started fantasizing about that perfect slice of gingerbread.
  9. My blogger feed is full of ideas for "cheap" Christmas presents. 
  10. I'm already starting to hear Carol of the Bells here and there.
Of course, the one-week "Christmas Break" that most schools give us with scanty mercy is far less glamorous than the three months we have off every summer...

...but at the end of the day, it all adds up. Winter, here I come!

18 comments :

  1. Haha, I also love Winter! I love this list :)
    thriftytoppings@blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm so with you on the "cheap" gift posts! Gawd! Also, definitely with you about the cold cold nights! I can't find my hot water bottle ANYWHERE either!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I could really do with a hot water bottle right now!

      Delete
  3. i do enjoy winter! i like this list, too. it echoes some of my own life as well. but seriously, we just had snow here so its really messing me up, its normally still kinda warm! anyway. just found your blog and i think i'll be a regular stalker here. mostly due to your last post and the description you made in the upper right hand corner of your blog.
    wishing you a happy life :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! It really means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  4. Great list. That definitely sums it up. I love winter too! It just has that warm and cozy feel (which is ironic because the weather is cold), but I love winter. My favorite one would definitely be cuddling up on the sofa and drinking a nice warm mug of hot cocoa! That's my favorite sign of winter! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter is by far my favourite season. I have already done most of my christmas shopping and I can't wait until christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! I love winter. By the way, I was wondering if you would like to follow each other through Bloglovin. Just follow me, and I will follow you back! :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out your blog again :)

      Delete
  7. Of course, it's never too early to listen to Christmas music :) This is probably the earliest I've started listening to it, but something about Christmas music makes me really happy!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're completely right. I can't place a finger on what exactly it is-- but Christmas music makes all of us so happy!

      Delete
  8. It's getting two dark too early is my top one!
    One leaves the house in the dark and returns from work in the dark, and if you live in London, you have the lovely rain all the time as well.

    Great, great blog!

    visit my new blog: Mrs in London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm checking out your blog right now :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, I couldn't be more excited for Christmas, either! But, I guess, you're talking about Winter.
    I've never experienced a white Christmas, sadly. Because I live in the Southern Hemisphere, it is Summer come Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I can never imagine a summer Christmas, however hard I try! I'm sure it's still splendid, though :)

      Delete

go on, make my day. ❤