a floral adventure

12.21.2014

Words have failed me for the past few days, but my camera sure hasn't. Since my first photography post a month ago, I've been exploring the various settings and capabilities of my camera a lot more. Even though I'm sure my photography is still lacking, I think I'm starting to gain a better sense of what I'm doing.

Today, my sister and I took a little walk to our local grocery store. (Note to self: It's a lot easier to exercise when there's a bounty of junk food waiting for you at the end of the road. We left grumbling to one another... and came back with gleaming eyes, swollen bellies, and fingertips covered with orange powder.)

Even through mouthfuls of Cheez-its and swallows of cold chai tea (well, kind of), I found the time to take a few snapshots.

Although the supermarket was just a few blocks away, there were radiant florals ready for me to photograph at every corner.

I didn't have to look far to find the beauty. 

Have a wonderful week and a merry Christmas x

44 comments :

  1. Wow, I love the way you put that...."I didn't have to look far to find the beauty." So true! There is gorgeousness in God's creation every where you look. Especially in the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you as well!
    Loved all of these pictures, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you too, Arushee! Your photography is so amazing! It just keeps on getting better and better! I've been so busy lately and haven't gotten the chance to pay your blog a visit for a while. I truly enjoyed seeing all your beautifully written new posts on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so happy to have you back on here. Thank you very much! :-)

      Delete
  4. Flawless pictures,Beyonce really would be proud. Lol. I hope you have an amazing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are growing into quite the photographer. ;-)

    Fabulous post, Arushee! Always a joy to read your writing and see your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and have a great Christmas too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos<3 Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays:) -Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these floral photos, they look so dreamlike! And late night strolls to the corner shop are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for such a nice comment. I do not know, however, whether the end-deserved, because I do not do nothing. Your blog is also amazing. Surely, even here I'll peer.
    Regards and squeeze firmly, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Arushee,

    You're so lucky to be able to see such beautiful flowers in your country! Flowers in Singapore are not as beautiful, usually they're just artificially planted there. Lovely photos! :)

    Dian
    The Happy Candle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are always so lovely, Arushee!
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures. You have a real skill for photography!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those little floral adventures are possibly one of my favourite sides of photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Little floral adventures are the best

      Delete
  14. Beautiful photos. Merry Christmas to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photographs are stunning, Arushee! Have a very, very, Merry Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love all the flower shots, especially the last one! I wish there were pretty flowers around where I live but most are dead by Christmas.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤