a new year | late-night thoughts

12.30.2014

These images can probably speak for themselves...but here some scattered, late-night thoughts on the past year:

There is no better feeling than sugar on your tongue. (Except, maybe, salt on your tongue.)

Long walks on the beach -- even when it's 20 degrees out -- are the best.

I fell in love with Canada before we even got there.

I've always embraced the tomboy-ish side of me, but I've recently discovered that I adore dresses. So much. Perhaps I should ditch the pants altogether.

The only thing I love more than a good dress is a good footsie.

hate my hormones.

I don't think I will ever learn how to pose for a photoshoot. I'm going to stick to nature photography for a while.

I will never, ever stop daydreaming. My mind takes me to beautiful places.

Being inspired is such a wonderful thing. Thank you to all of you terrific bloggers: I will never lose respect for the people who inspire me to write.

My camera has taught me to love flowers. There's something about their delicate beauty that I just cannot resist capturing.

Birthdays will never lose any of their magic.

I love you all -- my blog followers -- more than I ever thought possible. You leave me kind messages and brighten up my days. I couldn't thank you enough.

And I overuse the word "love."

I can't wait to find out what 2015 has in store for me.

40 comments :

  1. Cats,pretty cats! ^_^
    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow – I love the pictures! Want all this stuff, too. You’re making me jealous!
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♡
    I’m following you via gfc. You’re great – keep going! ♡
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice selection of photos! Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a beautiful post! I hope you have a wonderful new year :)
    -Lauren ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos ♥
    Happy New Year!
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos look absolutely stunning. Have a happy 2015! x

    SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE ALICE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos!! :)

    Happy New Year!
    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos, and creative post idea! Have a Happy 2015! Oh! Canada?!?! I have always wanted to go there some day, especially Prince Edwards Island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Clara! Canada was a blast x

      Delete
  9. Lovely photos! I really enjoy reading your blog, it always has some wonderful surprise waiting for me:) Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kat! I'm glad you feel that way

      Delete
  10. Happy New Year! Do you have anything you want to accomplish in the new year? 2015 sounds strange..I just got used to 2014! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! I don't have anything in specific -- but I have found a new motto to live my life by: "Do my best, so that I can't blame myself for anything." I absolutely love it! :)

      Delete
  11. Which part of Canada are you at? Anyways, nice photos!
    And Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful late night thoughts, Arushee!

    Vanshi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love that second picture.
    Happy New Year Arushee :3 Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nymisha! Wishing the same for you x

      Delete
  14. Happy New Year, Arushee! Your blog is lovely, and I can't wait to see what you post I the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Hannah! I really appreciate that! :)

      Delete
  15. Your photos look beautiful! I love the skies, kittens drinking and the flower you captured :) Let's continue to be inspired by nature, daydreams, and other bloggers in 2015. happy new year!
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lexi! Let's continue to be inspired. I couldn't have said it better :)

      Delete
  16. Happy new year! Beautiful images. I really hope 2015 brings you exciting challenges and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind wishes! I hope your 2015 is just as good

      Delete
  17. Cats! Just too cute. I think you have a talent for taking photos and don't worry about not being able to pose for a photo shoot,I can't either. Happy new year Arushee.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2015 will be a wonderful year Arushee! I love the pictures and the way your write. I feel so far away from you all and wish we could visit you more often..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures! I love your blog!

    maddysdigitaldiary.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤