in my heart

5.30.2015

original image // this is on repeat.
It's funny how music can find a place in your heart. How the heart-wrenching melodies can worm their way inside you. How the arpeggios and trills glorify themselves and pour themselves into your blood until they surge through your veins. How the chords burst inside you like fireworks. How you can lose yourself within a piece of music. How it pushes you and pulls you -- how it flows through your body until it is a part of you and you are a part of it.

It is an even more wonderful thing to become one with your own music. For your fingers to become a part of the strings. For it to be nothing but natural to hold a reed between your lips. For your music to run through you and for you to run through your music until each is nothing but an extension of the other.

23 comments :

  1. wow. your writing is so powerful. i totally understand this. this is exactly the reason why i love music and making music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This. This is why I am a musician! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. It's the most amazing feeling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. It's the most amazing feeling

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderfully beautiful, Arushee! I love music<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so strong and vulnerable, at the same time. I can feel this-- the reasons in your post are the exact reason why music is my mover.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was my intent :)) I'm so glad you understand! xoxo

      Delete
  7. This writing and picture are so beautiful ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog.

    Mary Shelley
    thereidwhowrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so glad you're here! Thank you :))

      Delete
  9. You should become an apothecary someday! So talented, Auntie John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll stick to a more modern profession.

      Delete
  10. Well written mush! Reading your blog after a long..

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤