tu es belle, je t’aime, ne l’oublie pas

8.27.2015

there are going to be those days when you are absolutely hopeless. there are going to be those days when you feel like everything is crumbling around you, like you no longer know what the right thing is. there are going to be those days where you feel utterly alone. times when the people you love will cease to love you. there will be times when you do something stupid and regret it immediately afterwards. you will upset people, and people will upset you. maybe there will be a day when someone will break your heart. there are going to be those days. 
sometimes it's not the easiest thing to pick yourself up and dust yourself off when you fall. sometimes you've got to take things slowly: a glass of your favorite beverage. a mug of hot cocoa. make yourself a generous serving of a comfort food. make yourself unavailable to people who have hurt you - even if it's just for a little while. turn on some of your favorite music or even better - pick up your guitar, sit at the piano bench, pick up your bow, or lift your instrument to your lips. but maybe you'd prefer to lay in bed with a blanket and your favorite book. whatever makes you happy. forgive yourself, and be happy.

close your eyes for three minutes and forty-nine seconds. or keep them open if you prefer. you deserve it. ❤

(for the girl who feels as if she's sinking - and for anyone else who may need it;
you are beautiful, I love you, please don't forget that.)

27 comments :

  1. I feel like I need to do this. I want to remove myself from the world and have a nice serving of comfort food. Maybe if I stop checking my phone and obsessing over that insignificant party tonight I'll feel happier.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully written. Happiness is, at the end of the day, more important than anything else in life. <3

    Geekie Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, as always. And lovely song. ❤️

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Arushee. xx So beautiful, as always. ❤️❤️
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is perfect. i know that i and tons of people out there will be able to relate to this at a crazy level. thanks, girl <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate to it and I'm hoping that others will too. my pleasure :) <3

      Delete
  6. This post, and your song, and fabulous.
    Your writing is amazing (and #goalsπŸ˜‚)

    ~Caroline
    Stemnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOUR WORDS ARE BEAUTIFUL BULLETS THAT HIT ME RIGHT IN THE HEART HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN. oh my gosh. "make yourself unavailable to people to people who have hurt you - even if it's just for a little while." I cannot express how true this is, oh gosh yes.

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need for someone to tell me I'm beautiful. It's been so long since I could last believe it.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, arushee. your words + the song you included made this post so special. it's sometimes so tiring to stand up after a fall. i just want to lie there and pretend my problems don't exist, but that isn't how life works, is it? and somehow, i'm glad that life moves on and i'm forced to pick up the pieces of me and patch them up again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've said it perfectly. we're all in it together :) xx

      Delete
  10. So true, and it's nice to hear others experience it too - we're not alone. And we never will be. But, sometimes the hardest part is forgiving ourselves, and allowing ourselves to move on.
    Thanks again for commenting on my blog too. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally true! Best of luck and you're welcome xx

      Delete
  11. Everything in this post is amazing!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything in this post is amazing!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG HUBBBBBBBBY!!! ILYSM ❤️πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’—πŸŽ΅. I LOVE YOUR SONG AND BLOG LIKE OMGGG AGH I CAN'T EVEN. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you know that you can create short urls with Shortest and make $$$$ for every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤