puerto vallarta

12.30.2015

I'm generally not a very daring person -- roller coasters terrify me, and I can't stand anything bumpy or high-speed. I was absolutely terrified to go zip-lining: the name itself was alarming. The tour company's colorful propaganda did not relieve any of my stress either: the flyer boasted "14 thrilling zip-lines" paired with photographs of people screaming as they hurtled through the forests.

I started the first zip-line absolutely terrified. A tour guide at the other end gesticulated at me widely, asking me to smile for the camera, and in spite of myself, I complied. But soon, my smile turned into a genuine one.

Suspended in mid-air, the cool air whipping against your face as you soar through the Mexican canopy. It's as close to flying as you can get. What's there not to love?
I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.
(source)
P.S. I haven't been very active on my blog lately -- and I apologize. Sometimes life just gets the better of you, but more posts are on the way :)

24 comments :

  1. your writing is lovely just like your adorable face. gah, whatta cutie❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARUSHEE. I totally get ya. I don't think I'm much of a daring person -- no matter how hard I try to be. But this was ever so lovely. ♥♥ I cannot wait for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAH you posted finally! And you were (and are) so cute 👅

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, this is sort of weird maybe, since I don't (yet) know you, but like the other commenters said, you are cute. In a good way. :P I have a close friend who looks similar to you, I guess. She's very short, and half Japanese. She's cute too, though I don't know if I've told her. ANYWAY, I wouldn't call myself very daring either, but I LOOOVE ziplining! I do it at camp, and once I did a super long one someplace in Kentucky, which was perty great. So, glad you loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :)) And ziplining is just so great isn't it?

      Delete
  5. OKAY SO THIS LOOKS ABSOLUTELY EPIC. I'm kind of the opposite in the way that I love heights and flying and I think I'd love roller coasters, but I've never been on one. Yet. haha. "...paired with photographs of people screaming as they hurtled through the forests." < That definitely sounds terrifying! But those pics are worth it and soo cool.

    Also love the quote. ^.^

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS LOOKS SO FUN. i absolutely cannot wait for your new posts❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so incredibly fun. i wish i could do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You should if you get the chance :)

      Delete
  8. this looks so fun -- now I really want it to be Summer so I have adventures like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have wanted to go zip lining for so long! Glad you ad fun once you relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I hope you get a chance to go someday :)

      Delete
  10. This looks like so much fun!! Great blog btw I love your posts.
    yashvivardhann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤