be good to yourself.

8.13.2016

learn to love everything about yourself, the way your eyes scrunch and your face dimples when you smile, the way your eyebrows start to grow wild when you don't get them done, the way your eyes are sometimes bloodshot, the places where your skin always creases, the way your eyes are too small and your nose is too big, the way your cheeks flush sometimes and the color doesn't recede, how much you weigh, the color of your eyes, the way your hair gets frizzy in humid weather, the way it turns into wild curls when you let it air-dry, the strange-shaped birthmarks on your arms, the way your voice sounds when you're angry or when you're nervous or when you're sad, the way color floods into your face, the way you can't control your excitement when you're happy, the way your laugh sounds when you're nearly hysterical about something. these things aren't going to change. your eyes are not going to change color, nose isn't going to shrink, your hair isn't going to magically straighten or curl itself. it's easier to hate these things than to love them, but they are what make you special. they aren't flaws, they are just the things that make you the perfect person you are. be good to yourself. 

17 comments :

  1. This is so beautiful, and everyone needs to read this. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so welcome, thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Your blog makes me smile so much. Makes me feel good about myself and good about what I am reading, I just love it. This post is a good one. I can for sure relate to the way my hair curls and gets frizzy annoying but it's me and I love me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that makes me so happy! Thank you sooo much <3

      Delete
  3. I love your writing <3 You are so talented at it. This post is such a lovely reminder as well, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, and it makes me happy! Great reminder!<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I was meant to read this post two days after having an emotional breakdown and hating myself. Thank you.

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that & I'm so glad I could help in some way. Hope you're feeling better <3

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful, and a well needed reminder<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, be good to yourself! Please do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUCH BEAUTIFUL WRITING! People definitely need to hear this every once and a while!
    -Lauryn
    www.ElegantChances.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete

go on, make my day. ❤